Wednesday, 13th April (12:30pm-2:30pm)
The VCE English 3/4- Text Response Masterclass is the ultimate SAC preparation tool.
This interactive session is designed to help you refine your text response skills to best prepare you for the SAC and the exam!
By the end of this session, you will have a more comprehensive understanding of text response, including:
- How to analyse your text at a sophisticated level
- How to break down an essay prompt and plan an essay
- How to come up with sophisticated topic sentences
- How to write an A+ argument analysis essay
- Writing tips to help you
- Introduction to the parts of a text – themes, views and values, narrative, text construction
- Demonstration of how to break down an essay prompt
- How to structure an text response essay + examples from multiple Year 12 texts
- How to write sophisticated analysis
- Writing tips including sentence starters, vocabulary, and common mistakes to avoid
- Analysis of sample responses
Please note: Year 11 students are welcome to join, however please note this content will be delivered at a Year 12 level
We know how important SACs are and how stressful they can be – that’s why we’ve created the Skyline Hatch SAC Preparation Masterclass series.
The Skyline Hatch Masterclasses are a brilliant complement to classroom learning and will equip students with tried-and-tested tips, tricks and strategies to help maximise SAC marks and achieve VCE success.